Sunday, May 19, 2013. Jacksonville Beach, Florida, on the beach in front of the Quality Suites Oceanfront hotel.
Join the community for the most amazing family event. NEVER QUIT is centered on: health, love and determination.
What a better way to spend the day than with friends and family.
The goal of NEVER QUIT is to:
- Become aware of how to avoid strokes and brain bleeds by getting your blood pressure checked at the Expo
- Inspire families to become healthier
- Enjoy activities that the whole family can be a part of
- Take on a NEVER QUIT approach to life
- 8:00 am & 10:00 am 5K Run
- 8:00 am TRIDENT CHALLENGE consisting of a 5K Run, 500 Meter Ocean Swim, and a 1.5K Ocean Surfboard Paddle
- a Military WARRIOR CHALLENGE, JR WARRIOR CHALLENGE and BATTLE FOR THE BEACH
- Sunrise Yoga (6:45am)
- Surfing lessons
- 11:00 am 1 Mile Fun Run
On this NEVER QUIT Day:
- Run or walk either (or both) of the 5K’s
- Cheer your kids on while they run through the 1 Mile Fun Run
- Form a team in the Trident Challenge Relay, or compete as a Solo Trident. It’s a great way to meet new people!!!
- See if you have what it takes to complete the Warrior Challenge or Battle for the Beach. Meet with Special Operation scouts and recruiters for a chance to join an elite team.
- Take off your shoes after you’re finished a challenge and jump into the refreshing Atlantic Ocean
- Learn to surf for the first time and learn new surfing skills
All participants will receive the following at no additional cost:
- T-Shirt for the 5K, Trident Relay, Trident Solo, Warrior Challenge, Battle for the Beach, 1-Mile Fun Run & Surfing Clinic.
- Free high-resolution images, which can be accessed at: NeverQuitBeachFest.smugmug.com following the event. You can email your pictures to friends, post on Facebook, print out, or save them.
- Tropical Smoothie at a Tropical Smoothie location
- Dog Tag pendant for the male or female finishers (request during online registration)
- Tifosi “Slip” sunglasses for the male or female finishers (request during online registration)