Registration for NEVER QUIT events can only be made online. You can not sign up at a 1st Place Sports store.
(Payment can also be made by check and mailed in to SignMeUp (Sign Me Up address shown on the last page of online registration.) You will not be confirmed for the event until your check has been processed and cleared. For immediate guarantee of event entry, credit/debit card or PayPal payment is recommended.
PLEASE NOTE: Online registration will close at 6PM on May ____, 2014.
(You can then register at the Expo on Saturday, May ____ for an additional $10)
REGISTER EARLY – LIMITED SLOTS AVAILABLE
MOVIE entry requirements for movie night May ___ & ___:
The following participants will receive a wrist band at the NEVER QUIT Expo (at the Jacksonville Beach Sea Walk Pavilion) so that they can enter the area where the ___________ movie with ___________ or the area where they have registered to meet with _____________.
- 5k (age 4 or older with a parent or legal guardian)
- Trident (age 6 or older for the 5k run, age 11 or older for the swim and paddle)
- 1 Mile Fun Run (age 4 to 11) Parents can run for free with their child.
- Warrior Challenge
- Jr Warrior Challenge
- Battle for the Beach
- Surfing Lessons
- (If you only enter Yoga, you will not receive a wrist band and will not be given a free shirt.)
- (all children under 4 years will receive a free wrist band into the move area when accompanied with their parent or guardian who has entered one the required events)
There will be NO race day registration for the following 4 events and these events will sell out:
7:30 am 5K
9:00 am TRIDENT
9:00 am 5K
12 noon Battle for the Beach
The following events will fill up so register early. If there are any slots you can register day of event:
6:30am Warrior Challenge
8:00am Warrior Challenge
9:30am Warrior Challenge
10:30am Warrior Challenge
Noon: Battle for the Beach
10:30 am 1 Mile Fun Run (4 to 11 year olds can enter, parents can run with their kids .
8am & 10am Surfing Lessons
It is recommend that you sign up weeks (or months) prior for all events.
Ages 16 to 30
|JR Warrior Challenge
Ages 8 to 15
Battle for the
|Mar 14 – April 30||$60||$65||$60/leg||$5||$10||$15||$15||$50|
|May 1 –
|+$10 May 17 & 18
for 5K / Trident
Questions you might have about your registration and experience…
- What is the story behind NEVER QUIT, how did all this begin?
Never Quit, the video the started it all
- What is the NEVER QUIT message:
The Never Quit Message video
- What is included with my entry?
- Most importantly, you will join thousands who share the same NEVER QUIT spirit as you do. This will perhaps be the most moving and inspiring day of your life. NEVER QUIT gives its all to go the distance and provide you an experience that you will change your life and heart for the better. See the full list of what you receive.
In addition, you will receive the following:
- The desired and classic – high quality NEVER QUIT shirt ($25 value)
- NEVER QUIT bib with the option to have your name printed on it and area on bib that you can customize it, to show who you will NEVER QUIT for,
- Bethany Hamilton of SOUL SURFER and Navy EOD Brad Snyder, 2012 Para Swimming Gold Medalist, who will also participate with you during your run, (and also in the TRIDENT and Warrior Challenge)
- Your choice of flags to run with. 2′ x 3′ & 3′ x 5′ Flags provided are the following: U.S., POW, Gadston, Betsy Ross, NEVER QUIT and TRIDENT
(This is a very patriotic, spirited event and extremely upbeat experience, get ready for the time of your life. See the 2012 event video here)
- Free picture files of you running and of you wearing your NEVER QUIT bib and who you will NEVER QUIT for,
- Food and ice cold water and drinks,
- Goodie bag,
- Blood pressure checks and additional health screenings,
- In 2013, due to sequestration, a substitute team (made of of Special Operation members) for the USSCOM Para-Commandos, will be jumping in for your events, (Watch the following videos of the: Navy SEALs Leap Frogs and The US Army Golden Knights jumping into past NEVER QUIT events,
- Great entertainment from Shorty & Slim from Panama, the Navy Band and the Navy Dixie Land Band.
- A chance to view fitness, determination and a NEVER QUIT attitude at it best. Cheer on these participants at the Warrior Challenge, Battle for the Beach or Jr Warrior Challenge,
Participants who register for the 5k and Trident can select the following during online registration:
- Dog Tag necklace, Sea Turtle necklace, Shell necklace or Tifosi sunglasses as their finisher prize,
- Trident Solo participants would receive the Trident Dog Tag necklace (if necklace is chosen during online registration)
- All of this will take place on the Blue Carpet finish where you will be presented with your:
- Finisher necklace or sunglasses by a Sailor in uniform with,
- Photographers capturing the moment and providing you complementary pictures and picture files.
(You can enter both 5k’s or the 5K and Trident to receive any necklace you choose. In this 2013 NQ, men and women can receive the necklace or Tifosi sunglasses. Choose this option during online registration)
- I’m unable to do the race I signed up for, can I give someone else my number to race for me?
No. Race entries are non transferable and will not be deferred to a future race, nor refunded.
- Registration is closed; can I register on race day?
Not for the 8:00 am 5K & 8:00 am TRIDENT, nor the 10:00 am 5K, nor the Battle for the Beach. However, you can register for the Warrior Challenge, JR. Warrior Challenge and surfing lessons. (Space Available) There is a chance that these events may be Sold Out/Full/Closed, so we recommend that you sign up weeks (or months) prior, if possible.
- Will there be a race briefing before the race starts?
Yes. Important last minute information will be relayed to everyone at the race start. Please review the course layouts: http://neverquitnever.com/course-layout/
- What is the minimum age for the 5K?
4 years old by day of race (with a parent)
What is the age for the 1 Mile Fun Run?
4 to 11 years olds
- What is the minimum age for the TRIDENT SOLO?
11 years old
- What is the minimum age to do the Swim or Paddle portion of the TRIDENT Relay?
11 years old however you can be 6 years old or older to do the 5K portion of the TRIDENT relay.
- Can we have a stroller in the run?
Yes, but you need to be in the very back of the group of runners. ie., at the back of the start line.
- Are pets allowed?
- Where is the Lost & Found located?
Lost & Found will be at the registration tent